I love Pad Thai. It’s spicy, it’s flavourful, it has a wonderful array of colours and textures. Plus, it keeps well. Woo!
For a vegetarian option, omit the chicken, and make sure the pad thai sauce you use is veggie-friendly. Pad thai is also wonderful with tofu.
400 g of vermicelli rice noodles
2 chicken breasts
5 green onions – chopped into small piece, including green parts.
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 small jamaican pepper, or other spicy pepper. Cut into small pieces.
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1/2 cup of chopped, unsalted peanuts
1 jar of pad thai sauce
red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions.
2. Brown chicken in a large pan or wok. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
3. Add eggs and scramble with chicken until cooked.
4. Add carrots, pepper and green onions, stir fry until soft.
5. Add vermicelli and sauce. Stir. Top with bean sprouts and peanuts.